Friday, October 29, 2010

NEW REVIEW from ENLIGHTENING TIMES UK

From the moment I held this book in my hands I felt it was going to be a good one. The cover itself radiates positivity and as you turn the pages within, you won’t be disappointed. Being only 136 pages I did wonder how it would hold the 450 insights, but this book is unlike others. The quotes and musings are concise and eloquent but also hold such thought provoking power.
As I read it I was reminded of the books by Eckhart Tolle, Anthony De Mello and Diana Cooper, and so I was not surprised to see the two former listed in the notes and recommended resources section.
This is a book of multiple aspects, looking at thoughts and teachings from religions organisations and spiritual individuals from around the world, but written in such a way that there is no need for held belief or religious following on your part to find reading this book a fantastic experience. And this book is certainly an experience, you can take as much or as little as you need from it, You can read it cover to cover, ask for daily guidance from an individual insight, or use it in group discussion.
Its simplicity is its real beauty. It raises and compiles spiritual ideals about you, us, karma, ego, free will, forgiveness, reincarnation, meditation etc that for novices to this area will find easy to test the water with as it has a helpful glossary of terms, and for those who are a little more advanced in exploring the spiritual, adds even more depth and throws open further questions.
This really is a book for everyone to enjoy. I did, and I hope you do.

Reviewed by Sarah Asquith-Vallance 2010 for enlighteningtimes.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always interested in feedback & comments in response to the material posted on this blog.